Thursday 12 April 2012

Freaks!

Here at National Flash-Fiction Day we're delighted to be taking part in the online launch of a book by some great writers: Nik Perring and Caroline Smailes. They have written a book of flash-fictions entitled Freaks and it's been wonderfully illustrated by Darren Craske.

The book is out today, available in both paper and ebook versions, so you should probably go and snag yourself a copy! If you need more convincing, here is a sample for you. Enjoy it and buy the book, it'll keep you busy until 16th May!


Invisible


[Super Power: The ability to make oneself unseen to the naked eye]



If I stay totally still,


if I stand right tall,


with me back against the school wall,


close to the science room’s window,


with me feet together,


pointing straight,


aiming forward,


if I make me hands into tight fists,


make me arms dead straight,


if I push me arms into me sides,


if I squeeze me thighs,


stop me wee,


if me belly doesn’t shake,


if me boobs don’t wobble,


if I close me eyes tight,


so tight that it makes me whole face scrunch,


if I push me lips into me mouth,


if I make me teeth bite me lips together,


if I hardly breathe,


if I don’t say a word.


Then,


I’ll magic meself invisible,


and them lasses will leave me alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment